Saturday, June 22, 2013

Jim Lee (Batman Vs Superman) WIP #3

Yay, I'm done with the flat work! That took a long time! There are a lot more different colors to this piece then you think there would be, I haven't been counting but there's at least 60 or 70 different colors laid down in front of you. anyways As enjoyable as flatwork is, it's the worst part of coloring a piece, but at the same time very necessary. I think I've put about 4 hours into this piece so far and flat work usually takes less time than the post processing (Lighting and darkening). The nice thing about a non pin-up piece like this is that you don't have to sit there for a long time thinking about what you want to do with the background, It's got enough detail that you just color it like it's a normal picture of a city. Hope you like what I have so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment